My mother, who is 93, lives simply but comfortably in an assisted-living home. Even though she has ample savings, she is always worried about the state of her finances.
My brother-in-law tried to ease her mind by telling her:
— I’ve calculated that, given your expenses, you have enough money for at least the next 16 years.”
— That’s fine, but how will I manage after that?
- ample savings – uma boa poupança
- assisted-living home – retiro para idosos
- at least – no mínimo
- brother-in-law – cunhado
- ease her mind – despreocupá-la
- enough money – dinheiro suficiente
- expense – gasto
- manage – me virar, gerenciar
- mother – mãe
- tell (tell, told, told) – contar, dizer
- That’s fine – está bom
- worry – preocupar